Group Leader Eirini Trompouki
Eirini studied Biology at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. Shen then performed her graduate studies in Biomedical Sciences Research Center “Al. Fleming” and the Medical School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. In the lab of George Mosialos, Eirini studied the molecular underpinnings of NF-κB signaling and discovered new molecules that play fundamental roles in this pathway.
Later she did her postdoctoral studies in Leonard Zon’s lab at Boston Children’s Hospital. She studied how lineage-specific and signal-induced transcription factors synergize in hematopoietic differentiation and regeneration. This synergism fundamentally revealed how signal-induced transcription factors could exert tissue-specific functions.
In her own group Eirini focused on fundamental aspects of hematopoietic stem cell decisions from development to adulthood and disease. In 2019 she was awarded the Junior Faculty excellence award from the Zebrafish Disease Models Society. Eirini promotes diversity and inclusion and wants her lab members to be motivated and happy.
Qualifications and history
- Undergraduate studies in School of Biology-National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- 2002-2006 PhD studies in PhD studies in Molecular Biology at the Biomedial Science Research Center “Alexander Fleming”, Vari, Greece and the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, Athens, Greece
- 2006-2007 Postdoctoral fellow at the BSRC Alexander Fleming, Vari, Greece
- 2007-2013 Postodoctoral studies at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA,
- Since 2013 Group leader at the Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics, Freiburg, Germany
Alumnae & Alumni
|Indré Piragyté Langa-Oliva||Phd student||University of Bern|
|Pia Prater||PhD student||Agendix|
|Aikaterini Polyzou||PhD student||National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece|
|Carolina Jerez Longres||
||University of Freiburg|
|Ulf Guesndisch||Intern||ETH Zurich, Switzerland|
|Franziska Rathmann||M.Sc.||Ulm University, Germany|
|Sofoklis Trigkas Chantziandreou||M.Sc.|
|Na Yin||Lab Manager||Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai|
|Lhéanna Klaeylé||Lab Technician||Idorsia|