Job offer from April 22, 2022
The Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg, Germany, has an opening for a Bioinformatician to start as soon as possible for an initially period of two years with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for a Bioinformatician (m/f/d).
As part of a central Bioinformatics Unit, you will be working in an interdisciplinary team with close links to different departments, research groups, other core facilities (e.g. Deep-Sequencing), and a large consortium of biomedical researchers (SFB 992 Medical Epigenetics). Your tasks will include
- Standardized processing, quality control and analysis of OMICS data
- Testing and maintenance of software solutions for integrative analysis
- Development of novel computational methods for emerging technologies (e.g. single cell assays and long-read sequencing)
- help with experimental design and protocol optimization
- Consultation and training of colleagues and software users
- Academic degree (MSc) or equivalent experience in bioinformatics or related field (PhD is a plus)
- strong programming skills (e.g. Linux, Python, R)
- proven experience in software development and deployment (e.g. git, Docker, slurm)
- detailed understanding of OMICS technologies and Big Data analysis
- solid background in statistical data analysis
- fluency in English
We are looking for a motivated team player with strong communication skills and the desire to work in a dynamic environment. Prior experience in the field of immunobiology or epigenetics is a plus.
Located in a region that connects Germany, France and Switzerland, our institute offers an international research environment with outstanding infrastructure facilities and a positive working atmosphere that places a high value on work-life balance.
- Salary according to your qualification and professional experience according to TVöD
- Social benefits in line with public service
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Challenging work in a modern working environment
- Family-friendly offers (affiliated day care center at the institute, parent-child room, breastfeeding room, pme family service)
We value and promote diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from severely disabled people. We would also like to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore expressly encourage women to apply.
Have we sparked your interest? Please apply with your complete application documents (cover letter, CV and contact details of referees) via our online applicant portal by May 27th, 2022.
For informal inquiries please contact Dr. Thomas Manke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Max Planck Institute for
Immunobiology and Epigenetics