Job offer from May 22, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics has a vacancy for the position Head of Administration (m/f/d) in a leading international research institute. The position is initially limited to two years. Part-time employment of at least 80% is possible.
- Management of administration (HR, finance, purchase) and general services (construction, building services, housekeeping, reception)
- Planning, coordinating, organizing and supervision of all administrative and technical processes at the institute
- Planning, management and controlling of all areas of budgetary and economic management of the Institute
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, grant-related, and internal requirements of the Max Planck Society (MPG) in administrative actions and in financial, personnel and procurement matters
- Responsible for risk management
- Advising, supporting and relieving the directors in all administrative, technical, constructional, as well as organizational matters
- Representing the interests of the Institute vis-à-vis third parties and vis-à-vis the General Administration of the MPG in all non-scientific matters
- Cooperative and trusting collaboration with the Directors Council, the scientific coordinatior, the works council and other internal bodies
- You have a university degree (diploma or master's degree) in business administration, administrative science or law.
- Relevant professional experience as a manager with high technical and social competence, preferably acquired in research institutions, is required.
- You have a sound knowledge of administrative law, public funding law, labor law and tariff law, budgeting and accounting, as well as public procurement law.
- You have experience with project management.
- You work independently and in a structured manner. You enjoy solution-oriented work.
- You are a strong communicator in German and English (C1 level equivalence, in both oral and written communication).
- You are a leader who motivates employees, is communicable and also enjoys working in a team.
Located in a region that connects Germany, France and Switzerland, our institute offers an international research environment with outstanding infrastructure facilities and a positive working atmosphere that places a high value on work-life balance.
- Remuneration in accordance with TVöD up to a maximum of pay group E15 if the tariff and personal requirements are fulfilled
- Social benefits corresponding to the public service (VBL)
- Additional performance-related compensation component
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Good public transport connections and subsidized job ticket
- Modern working environment
- Family-friendly offers (affiliated childcare at the institute, parent-child room, breastfeeding room)
We value and promote diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, particularly by persons with disabilities. We aim to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented and we explicitly encourage women to apply.
Please apply with your complete application documents (cover letter, CV, references) via our online applicant portal by 19.06.2023. For informal inquiries, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com.
Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics