Job Code: 731
Job offer from September 14, 2023
A technical assistant position (m/f/d) is available in the lab of Prof. Ibrahim Cissè (Department of Biological physics) at the Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg. The Cissè Lab develops Single Molecule and Superresolution microscopy approaches to visualize gene expression and other processes in live cells. The position will be a link between the department and the Transgenic Mouse Core Unit, which provides services for generating transgenic and genetically modified mice.
The position is open immediately and initially funded for two years.
The Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics (MPI-IE) in Freiburg, Germany is an interdisciplinary research institution that conducts basic research in two key areas of modern biology: Immunobiology and Epigenetics. Central questions address the molecular basis of cell type identities, as they are regulated during immune cell differentiation, metabolic response and epigenetic chromatin adaptation.
- Genome editing and base editing experiments using CRISPR
- Introduction of genome engineering reagents to mouse embryos by microinjection and electroporation
- Injection of stem cells into mouse embryos and aggregation of mouse stem cells
- Tranplantation of mouse embryos to oviducts and uteri
- General lab support
- Interact with veterinary staff if necessary
- A biological or biomedical background is required (state-recognized degree as technical assistant “BTA, CTA, MTA” or comparable) and at least three years of professional experience
- Skills in performing mouse engineering and embryonic stem cell experiments
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies
- Your should have experience with experiments on the model mouse and a FELASA B certificate
- Fluency in both German and English languages
Located in a region that connects Germany, France and Switzerland, our institute offers an international research environment with outstanding infrastructure facilities and a positive working atmosphere that places a high value on work-life balance.
- Payment according to TVöD up to a maximum of E9b if the collectively agreed and personal requirements are fulfilled
- Social benefits in line with public service (VBL)
- Additional performance-related remuneration component
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Good public transport connections und subsidy for job ticket
- Challenging work in a modern working environment
- Family-friendly offers (affiliated day care center at the institute, parent-child room, breastfeeding room)
We value and promote diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities, so we welcome applications from all bachgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from severely disabled people. We would also like to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore expressly encourage women to apply.
Please apply with your complete application documents (curriculum vitae, cover letter, certificates) via our online applicant portal by October 20th, 2023.
Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics