Dear employees and guests,
The management of the MPI-IE takes the coronavirus pandemic very seriously. In consultation with MPG headquarters in Munich, we have introduced the following measures to reduce the risk of contagion. They come into force immediately and remain in place until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we trust that you support us in our attempts to prevent/slow the spread of the virus.
We are monitoring the situation daily and may have to adjust the following rules and guidelines at short notice. Please, check this site regularly for updates.
The institute management decided to introduce precautionary measures to reduce the risk of infection. Starting Tuesday, March 31st, 2020, the institute temporarily reduced research activities in the laboratories and, as a consequence, the number of staff working at the institute; the other staff members will be assigned to tasks that can also be carried out from home, in close cooperation with the staff on site.
All measures are intended to reduce the number of people present at the institute at the same time to meet the imposed distancing rules. In addition, the measures are supposed to ensure the permanent maintenance of particularly critical functions of the institute – such as protecting and maintaining our animal colonies and other parts of the institutes' infrastructure.
Information for our employees (updated on April 1st, 2020):
Personal health status
- If you notice unusual symptoms (fever, dry cough, breathing difficulties etc.), call your doctor for advice, before you come to the Institute. Inform the Personnel Department (0761/5108-366) and your supervisor immediately.
- If you had contact with people who have been infected with the corona virus, call your doctor for advice, before you come to the Institute. Inform the Personnel Department (0761/5108-366) and your supervisor immediately.
- Employees with chronic illness and pregnant women may contact their supervisor to discuss their situation.
- As a general rule, only members of the institute are allowed to enter the premises.
- Nobody travelling from risk areas is allowed to enter the institute.
- Please observe general hygienic measures, wash your hands repeatedly and don’t touch your face. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYwypSLiaTU
- If you have question about child care, please, contact your supervisor or the Personnel Department.
- Please, note that children are not allowed to enter the institute at this particular point in time.
- As a general rule, meetings are suspended. You may arrange for small meetings if you can provide participants with the safety distance of 2 metres between any two individuals.
- We ask you to take particular care when working in the laboratory. Keep your workplace tidy, do not litter your personal and communal space. This will help ease the burden of our cleaning personnel who are under particular strain.
- We may be experiencing problems with supply chains, so please be careful when using precious items.
- Access to and services of our scientific facilities and administrative units have temporarily changed. Please inform about the regulations in place in our intranet.
- Business trips to risk areas will not be approved. The risk areas according to the Robert Koch Institute can be found here.
- All other business trips will only be approved if they are necessary to maintain the operation of the Institute operations. Supervisors will make the decision as to the necessity of such travel on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the current risk level.
- If you have returned home from a risk area, you must contact your supervisor for further instructions before coming to the institute.
- To stay informed about further developments and to get more details, please refer to our intranet, which is updated regularly: MPI-IE Intranet.