Effective Communication and Networking for Careers
November 13, 2018
Sarah Blackford is an experienced Higher Education career consultant and honorary teaching fellow (Lancaster University, UK) qualified with a Master’s degree in career guidance and education (Warwick University, UK). She specialises in providing career development education to PhD students and early career researchers.
The workshop aims to teach participants to:
- be more self-aware about their skills and capabilities and how to apply this knowledge to the wider job market;
- be more aware of different job seeking strategies and the power of positive self-presentation and networking to improve their employment prospects;
- feel more confident about communicating their skills and strengths in a CV and in different types of interview including academic, non-academic and on-line;
- have gained mock experience of an interview process as an interviewer and interviewee;
- have formulated a personal action plan to follow up after the workshop.