Sina Wittmann & José Morin - On Surface condensates
Max Planck Seminar
- Date: Jun 10, 2021
- Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Speakers: Sina Wittmann & José Morin
- Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetic, Dresden, Germany
- Location: MPI-IE
- Room: Online
- Host: Nicola Iovino
Talk by Sina Wittmann (Hyman Lab, MPI-CBG) and José Morin (Grill Lab, MPI-CBG)
- “Surface condensation of pioneer factors on DNA - new insights into enhancer identification” (Sina Wittmann, 30 min)
- “Surface condensates as a collective interpreter of DNA sequence information” (José Morin, 30 min)
About the speakers:
Sina Wittmann is a senior Postdoc in Tony Hyman’s lab at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetic in Dresden.m She is investigating proteins with large, disordered regions that are indispensable for gene activation. She will be talking about how those proteins condense on DNA and what are the implications for transcription regulation.
José Morin is a senior Postdoc in Stephan Grill’s lab, at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetic in Dresden. His research focuses on two questions: 1) How do protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions couple to recognize regulatory regions in a noisy genome? 2) How could condensates on DNA influence genome architecture at the mesoscale?