Beat Fierz - Searching and accessing the genome within the dynamic chromatin landscape
Max Planck Seminar
- Date: Oct 6, 2022
- Time: 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Beat Fierz
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Location: MPI-IE
- Room: Main Lecture Hall
- Host: Nicola Iovino
The Swiss chemist and molecular biologist, Beat Fierz, currently an Associate Professor at the EPFL joins the Max Planck Seminar Series in October 2022. He will give a talk on “Searching and accessing the genome within the dynamic chromatin landscape”.
The research of Prof. Beat Fierz focuses on the study of the structure, dynamics, and function of chromatin and related multi-protein complexes
in vitro and in cells. These investigations require an interdisciplinary
approach at the interface of chemistry, biology, and biophysics. Prof. Fierez is Associate Professor at Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) in Switzerland.
- More about his research: https://www.epfl.ch/labs/lcbm/research/
- The Fierz Lab on twitter: https://twitter.com/LCBM_EPFL
- Beat Fierz on twitter: https://twitter.com/Beatfierz