I’m focusing on cellular and humoral effectors of the innate immune system during inflammation. My main aim is to investigate how their activity is controlled and how they interact with each other for a beneficial immune response. Using various technologies, I’m bridging biochemistry and cell biology. Finally, I want to understand mechanisms of inflammatory diseases like hyperresponsiveness or infections.
- Since 2015 Postdoctoral research fellow at the MPI-IE Freiburg
- 2011-2015 Postdoctoral research fellow at the IGBMC Illkirch, France
- 2006-2011 PhD in immunology at the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology (HKI) Jena, Germany
- 2005 Master of Science in Human Biology, University of Greifswald, Germany
- Mihlan M, Blom AM, Kupreishvili K, Lauer N, Stelzner K, Bergström F, Niessen HW, Zipfel PF (2011): Monomeric C-reactive protein modulates classic complement activation on necrotic cells. FASEB J. 25(12), pp. 4198-210. DOI 10.1096/fj.11-186460
- Mihlan M, Stippa S, JozsiM, Zipfel PF (2009): Monomeric CRP contributes to complement control in fluid phase and on cellular surfaces and increases phagocytosis by recruiting factor H. Cell Death Differ. 16(12), pp. 1630-40. DOI: 10.1038/cdd.2009.103
- Zhang Z, Meszaros G, He WT, Xu Y, Magliarelli HF, Mailly L, Mihlan M, et al. (2017): Protein Kinase D at the Golgi controls NLRP3 inflammasome activation. J Exp Med. 214(9), pp. 2671-2693. DOI: 10.1084/jem.20162040