IMPRS PhD Program
- How to apply
Online Application Tool
The IMPRS-MCB application portal for fall 2018 is now closed. We are no longer accepting applications.
The next application round will open in November 2018.
- IMPRS-MCB Application Opens: 21 November 2017
- Applications must be submitted no later than 05 February 2018
- Submission of reference letters is Friday, 09 February 2018 (17:00 Central European Time).
- Round One Skype interviews will occur the week of 19 February.
- Final candidates invited to Freiburg for interviews from 9-11 April 2018.
- Accepted candidates will start their thesis research in September 2018.
Please note that IMPRS-MCB will reimburse travel expenses and cover accommodation for all candidates participating in the interviews in Freiburg.
How to apply
How to Apply
Please note that you need to have both a BSc and MSc or equivalent (usually 5 years of university studies) to be eligible to join our program. There is no application fee.
We welcome applications of outstanding and highly motivated students with a passion for science.
Applications can be submitted via our online application tool only which is open during selection times.
Admission to IMPRS-MCB is highly competitive and carried out through a centralized selection procedure, divided into two steps: Evaluation of application and Interview Days in Freiburg.