The search for and selection of suitable childcare services is very time consuming. Without relevant experience, and in the face of innumerable possibilities, it is often difficult to select the most suitable option for oneself and one's own family, especially at short notice.
That is why the MPG cooperates with the family services company “pmeFamilienservice”. The company is the point of contact for all questions relating to work/life balance, and it maintains a portal for the procurement of caregivers: from finding a daycare provider to emergency advice about preschools, from childcare in case of illness to the organization of holiday camps, as well as guidance in relation to older relatives in need of care.
On the basis of a counseling interview, pme Family Services not only helps find a way around the multitude of offers, but also develops support solutions tailored to personal and family situations:
- Child daycare and places in childcare facilities
- Babysitter, childcare in the private home, Au Pairs, Granny to go
- Emergency care or Back-up daycare services
- Vacation offers
- Childcare during meetings and conferences
- Comprehensive advising on all questions on financing and care
- Referral of care and home personnel as well as ambulant services and places in care homes
- Individual advising on all forms of care
comprehensive online portal with 24-hours service
- Detailed information on helping people to help themselves for all offered topics
- Extensive materials such as decision-making aids, checklists and legal texts
The employees of the MPI-IE can use this service for free. The Max Planck Society bears the expenses incurred for advice and mediation. All costs for actual care depend of course on the type and extent of that care, and are paid directly to the caregiver by the family.