Transgenic Mouse Core Facility
The Transgenic Mouse Core Facility (TMCF) develops cutting-edge technology while providing the following services:
- Production of transgenic mice via pronuclear DNA microinjection into zygotes
- Production of gene modified mice/chimeras by:
- ES cells microinjection into blastocysts
- diploid embryos - ES cells aggregations
- tetraploid embryos - ES cell aggregations
- morulae-morulae aggregations
- single blastomere, 8-cell stage embryo injections
- Cytoplasmic injections of RNAi (gene knockdown), mRNAs or CRIPR/Cas9 (gene editing)
- Sterile microsurgery for reimplantation of gene manipulated embryos
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF)
- TMCF – SPF colony management:
- breeding for testing for germline transmission
- tail biopsies collection for genotyping
- health monitoring
- data archiving
- Expertise and advice for the experimental design of genome engineering project, phenotype analysis, ES cell culture, establishment of new ES cell lines etc.
- Teaching and training (e.g. IMPRS Ph.D. students, trainees…)
In parallel, we strive to implement and develop new technologies, e.g. establishment of new methods for ES cell derivation or genome editing using CRISPR/Cas9 approaches.
To keep track of all experimental parameters, conduct data analysis, and edit statistics and reports, we use a web-based animal colony management software, PyRAT. For each new mouse line generated, researchers are responsible for keeping accurate and regularly updated records (e.g., mating details, breeding performances, genotyping, and phenotyping results) in this mouse colony management database. This software mitigates compliance risks and provides central access to data for all stakeholders, including scientists, animal facility managers, animal facility staff, and animal welfare officers.
Please direct inquiries about these services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can readily provide you with forms, timelines, and prices for any given service. We also have an extensive collection of references and protocols compiled for your use.